Just Arrived: The Irish Fairy Door
Create memorable family moments!
Open your child’s imagination
with our Irish fairy doors
If you would like a fairy to come and live in your home,
there are just two simple rules you need to obey
2) but most importantly you must believe in your fairy.
Once these two rules are abided by, your fairy will stay with you forever!
Fairy Fun Facts
- Fairies like to eat human food. Their favourite snack is raisins, but one is enough at any one time. They absolutely cannot eat cheese puffs as they turn fairies orange. We have our fairy scientists currently working on a cure, but unfortunately at the moment there is none.
- Toadstools are an international symbol of fairy magic. Not to be confused with mushrooms, toadstools will only appear where fairies have set up homes, whether or not a fairy is still living there is another thing entirely…!
- Fairies are very good at blowing away bad dreams. This is one of the main modules in Fairy School and they train very hard to master the skill. Fairies watch your dreams at night. They play out like a movie on the ceiling for your fairy to watch. This is one of the reasons why your fairy knows so much about you. You generally dream about your day and all that happened, therefore letting your fairy see what fun you had that day! Sometimes, as we all know, there may be some bad dream breezes. Your fairy works very hard to blow them away. Most of the time, he or she will be very successful, but there are also times when they might need a little help. When that happens, The Fairy Force are called!
- Fairies experience their human’s emotions as if they were feeling them themselves. For example if you are happy then your fairy will feel happy, if you are sad they will feel sad too. Most of the time your fairy will also like and dislike the very same things as you do! Every fairy is very carefully selected to be the perfect match for the human they are assigned to.
- Some fairies prefer to write just once a week to their humans, while others like to write anything up to 3 times a week. If you haven’t already asked your fairy what they would prefer, maybe you should? Some fairies are quicker at writing than others so the fairies who take longer to write notes can get very tired if they are writing back all of the time. We don’t want your fairy to be suffering from exhaustion now do we, after all they do have very tiny hands! If your notes are full of news once a week, wouldn’t that be very interesting for your fairy and vice versa!!
- Fairies do not lose their magic if animals see them. So if you your pet starts to act strangely and begins to bark or seem a little confused your fairy is probably around somewhere hiding. It is a well-known fact that sometimes fairies like to play tricks on family pets! Don’t worry though, they are always just a bit of fun. Dogs and cats are great friends with fairies!
- All fairies originated in Ireland. Many leave Irish shores to find human homes all over the world but each fairy is born from Nordman’s Family Tree in Fairy Valley in Ireland.
- Fairies have a very mild strawberry scent. So if you walk into a room or garden and you can smell strawberries but there are no strawberries to be seen, a fairy has more than likely been there.
- Fairies have been written about for thousands of years; people have been telling stories about them for centuries, especially here in Ireland! Fairies are tiny magical beings who actually look quite like humans but have special wings and powers.
- A fairy’s eye colour will change depending on the weather. When it rains, they will be a beautiful bright blue. When it snows, they become a lovely soft green. When it is sunny, they are a chocolate brown. Interesting eh?
- In order to collect teeth, your fairy must sit 3 exams in Fairy School. It may seem like a very simple task to me and you, but it is quite specialised and difficult to do especially when a tooth is left under a sleeping human’s pillow.
- All House Fairies graduate from Fairy School at the age of 12.
- Some fairies have a talent for hearing wishes. We are told it is like hearing whispers in the wind to them. They know exactly who a wish has come from once they hear it. Other very special fairies can also take your worries away. These fairies use the energy that are found in worries to send to the fairies who grant wishes. This means a worry becomes a wish with a little fairy magic!
- Fairies love shiny things, particularly things no one else seems to want, like old buttons, charms and paperclips. They don’t however like human money. That is why they like to give it away when they collect your teeth.
- Fairies bring good luck wherever they go!
- Years and years ago before Queen Kate discovered how well fairies grow and blossom once a human loves and believes in them, many of them used to say that a fairy should never go near a human. They were so afraid of losing their magic if they were seen that it was believed for a very long time that fairies and humans should never live together. As soon as Queen Kate and her council discovered how important it was for fairies to be believed in by humans and how much it benefitted the whole fairy community, the Fairy/Family Lease Agreement was drawn up. In it, it states exactly how fairies and families can live happily together. Once this was completed fairies all over the world rejoiced at the idea of having a human all of their own and co-habitation started very soon after!
- Fairies wear brightly-coloured fitted clothes. They generally make their own but new clothes can also be purchased at Colasanti’s.
- Queen Kate does not live in a castle; she lives in fact in an ordinary fairy home just like the rest of the fairies. She refuses to be treated any differently and is known to share out all of the gifts bestowed upon her from visitors. Queen Kate is adored by all fairies and yet is one of the most humble and normal fairies you could ever meet. We have to say we kind of adore her too here in Fairy HQ!
- Fairies are multilingual and can speak every single language in the world.
- Giving your teeth, worries, wishes, soothers (or pacifiers) to your fairy is quite a big deal to them. Each fairy works extremely hard while living with you and they report back regularly to the Valley on how they are getting on. When any of the above happens they receive a special recognition from Queen Kate and The International Fairy Council for reaching very important working fairy targets. These are very proud moments for your fairy and means a great deal to them!
- Upon first arriving at a human home, a new fairy is roughly 1 inch in height. They can grow to a maximum of 8 inches (the tallest fairy on record is Titch measuring 8 inches exactly). Fairies have only ever been known to grow in areas where belief from humans is strong. Human belief and love to a fairy is like sunshine and water to humans. It is simply essential and keeps your little winged friend super happy and super healthy! If you would like to measure how tall your fairy is, please download the Love-O-Meter to measure him or her. A fairy can take up to two years to grow fully in the correct loving environment.
- Fairies are amazing! Every part of their bodies is packed with magic, love and wonder.
All of the above fairy information was taken from The Irish Fairy Door Website